After School Club Assistant
Hours: 10 hours per week (3 p.m. – 5 p.m.) term time only
Salary Scale: Kent Range 2
Required as soon as possible
Do you enjoy supporting children at play and are you available to work after school? Can you work as part of a team and confidently encourage children to play safely and happily?
We are looking to employ a enthusiastic After School Club Assistant to help care for our children after school (3 p.m. – 5 p.m.), 2 hours per day, 10 hours per week, term time only, at Chantry Community Academy.
Duties will include
- Taking part in the delivery of safe, creative, appropriate play opportunities in a fun and caring environment
- Keeping children safe and minimizing risks in the play environment
- Helping ensure safe arrival of children at the club and the safe delivery to parents and carers at the end of day
- Providing snacks/refreshments to the children
- Administering first aid as appropriate
- Being responsible for tidying rooms and taking care of club equipment
- Working within agreed policies and procedures, and in particular, being aware of staff responsibilities around the safeguarding of children in our care
Experience in a similar role is an advantage although full training will be available. First aid qualifications are also an advantage.
For an application form or to arrange an informal visit, please contact the School Office on 01474 350011 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also download the information from the school website: http://greenacreacademytrust.co.uk/chantry/
Closing date: Sunday 15th October 2017
Interview Date: October 2017
Greenacre Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS Check) and the receipt of two satisfactory references.
Greenacre Academy is an Equal Opportunities employer and does not discriminate on grounds of gender, race, age, disability or marital status.