Secondary Finance Lead
Greenacre Academy Trust are looking for a Secondary Finance Lead who will be part of the leadership of this faculty, supporting the financial management functions of the Trust.
The Secondary Finance Lead will provide strategic and operational support to the Finance Director, and represent/ deputise for the Finance Director as requested.
You will need substantial proven experience in financial management with sound double entry bookkeeping skills, ideally in a school environment.
You will be responsible for, but not limited to, a number of tasks including:
- ensure all functions and processes in relation to the financial and audit at the secondary academies are completed in accordance with the Academies Financial Handbook, Master and Supplemental Funding Agreements, Accounts Directions, Statement of Recommended Practices of the Charities Commission, Scheme of Delegation and the Trust Financial Policies.
- ensure that the secondary academies are run efficiently and cost effectively and is responsible for providing professional leadership and management of relevant support staff within the academies.
- work with the Trust Finance Director in the design and implementation of systems, policies and procedures to ensure compliance in all legislation relating to the Trust.
- act as line manager for staff as appropriate, coordinate the development and contribute to the delivery of a structured induction and training programme for finance staff.
- provide support and oversight and guidance to the individual academy finance staff
- be responsible for annual review of financial management processes with the Secondary Academies
As a member of the Finance Team and, in the context of the main duties of the post, the post holder will be required to attend a range of meetings, as directed, both within and beyond the normal working day. Any additional hours worked will form part of the contractual arrangements and are recognised within the salary range. The Secondary Finance Lead will divide his/her time between the secondary academy sites, as the work is required.
The Board of Governors are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young persons. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
To arrange an informal visit please contact Danielle Anderson – HR Assistant
Closing date: 19th October 2018
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed online application form.