Start Date: January 2019 or sooner
Hours: 8:30am-3:50pm (Monday) + 8:30am-2:50pm (Tues-Thurs) + 8:30am-1:50pm (Fri).
Greenacre Academy is an all-boys secondary academy in Medway. Greenacre is the founder school of a multi academy trust (The Skills for Life Trust), offering many more professional and developmental opportunities for staff.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, committed and caring individual to work collaboratively with teachers and other staff as an integral part of the teaching team.
You will assist pupils with learning difficulties using a variety of resources which may involve support with reading, writing, spelling and computer-based learning under the direction of appropriate teaching staff.
You will also deliver interventions to small groups or one to one sessions, and promote positive behaviour patterns, raise self-esteem and improve independent working in students to assist in their educational and development.
The successful candidate will require:
- Experience of working in a school environment including supporting students with AEN (Additional Education Needs)
- To be able to work as part of a team and promote the safeguarding of children
- Excellent communication skills
- An effective team player
- A flexible, hardworking, patient and caring individual
Preferred but not essential qualities:
- Relevant NVQ Level 2 or 3 qualification, or equivalent (or be willing to work towards)
We can offer:
- Free Private Healthcare Cover
- A dedicated and hardworking team
- A caring and supportive school community
- A commitment to professional development
Greenacre Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS Check) and the receipt of two satisfactory references.
Closing Date: 13th December 2018
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed online application form.